Manufacturing Associate- Formulation/Filtration, 1st Shift
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville has an opening for a Manufacturing Associate on the Day Shift. The Manufacturing Associate will be responsible for performing production functions in the Class 100 cleanroom (core) and finishing area according to company and departmental SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures). This individual will set up and operate production equipment, and maintain records to comply with Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures. Individual will work in a fast-paced, safety-oriented, team environment.
- Responsible for executing aseptic processing in a clean room environment adhering to Standard Operating Procedures
- Set up and operate production equipment
- Complete documentation concurrently with completion of manufacturing processes
- Responsible for performing personal and environmental monitoring
- Be able to gown aseptically and work in an aseptic environment
- Perform cleaning of production tanks and associated equipment
- Responsible for formulation of bulk productions and stock solutions
- Process production batches in a LFBSC
- Perform integrity testing on all sterilizing filters
- Wrap and assemble filling materials in preparation for autoclaving
- Performs material transfer activities, such as deboxing, disinfectant of cleanroom materials, and transfer for staging
- Assist in drum filling operations when required
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks (for example, cleaning, lab setup, etc.) related to departmental functions
- Ensure general upkeep on equipment and facilities including environmental monitoring
- Review and sign manufacturing batch records and other documentation
- Responsible for keeping current on all job relevant training's
- Maintain accurate production bin inventory in responsible area
- Provide information related to deviations to support investigations
- Being available for business necessitated overtime is required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED is required; Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, chemistry, engineering or related field is preferred
- Working manufacturing or technical skills are required
- Questioning attitude to drive problem solving
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate effectively to share learning and provide training to manufacturing
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, high workload environment
- Must be able to read and follow defined SOPs and policies, work independently and as part of a team on various manufacturing tasks, identify and communicate non-routine events
- Must be proactive, action oriented, and have the ability to adapt to a change
- Must have strong communication skills both verbally and written
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.