Operational Excellence Business Partner
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for an Operational Excellence Business Partner our site in Slough. The OE business partner (OEBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position serves as support to management on continuous improvement-related topics. The position will also include the delivery and or support to projects within the designated business area and site as required.
- Understand and facilitate the mapping processes, consider these in context of lean and six sigma, enable the team to deliver effective solutions’
- Coach or train team members including yellow belts in Lean / Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
- Lead and facilitate improvement/problem solving workshops.
- Work with the team to prioritise projects with the greatest benefit and enable effective project governance.
- Lead specific projects and apply lean six sigma tools to improve processes.
- Work with departments to identify and implement key metrics at appropriate levels of the business.
- Work with functional leaders to establish continuous improvement goals & work with finance to build & validate actual improvement ROI results.
- Effect change by influencing operational teams to adopt lean concepts such as 6s, A3, PDCA, standard work, DMAIC, problem solving, visual management & the creation of lean flow in their daily work.
- Lean Six Sigma experience to a minimum Green Belt level (or equivalent experience).
- Experience in an OE role with a proven track record.
- Thorough understanding of Lean Principals.
- Strong project management, facilitation, Microsoft Excel /Office/Minitab or equivalent, analytical and communication skills.
- Strong people management experience.
- Significant experience in Operations - Ideally experience within a operational function in a laboratory or manufacturing.
- Proven and demonstrated leadership, influencing and interpersonal skills – highly efficient effective communicator with skills to influence, persuade and gain the cooperation of others at all levels within a matrix management business environment.
- Excellent natural coaching and people leadership skills.
- Extremely good prioritization skills & right attention to detail depending on the situation.
- Excellent presentation skills and knowledge of different problem solving techniques.
- Demonstrate initiative with a highly proactive approach to the job with an ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, pressured environment.
- Ability to manage within a matrix management system to achieve successful outcomes for the assigned portfolio of projects.
- Global focus & well-developed networking within Lonza network, connection to other sites and technologies.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.