Principal Scientist - Biochemistry
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Principal Scientist- Biochemistry to be join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
The Principal QC Scientist will lead improvement projects in biochemistry so that the QC Chemistry team in is a state of global excellence.
You will also provide regulatory support and lead laboratory audits for the biochemistry teams as well as facilitating / leading problem solving investigations for Operations and the Chemistry department.
- Identify and lead new technology development projects within QC Chemistry to ensure a state of global excellence is maintained to ensure long term commercial success.
- Identify gaps within our regulatory packages and work with management to identify resource requirements and project manages the studies to remediate.
- Global harmonisation representative for QC Chemistry.
- Review of Study Protocols and Reports for Assay Qualification / Validation / Transfer and Stability studies and ensure that studies are delivered to the appropriate scientific and technical quality.
- Ensure development of technical and scientific skills of junior staff to maintain quality of analytical activities delivered to internal and external Customers.
- Presentation of scientific activities to Customers and at conferences to promote Lonza scientific integrity as required.
- Representing the Department to Customers as part of a Multi-disciplinary Project Team.
- To provide scientific mentoring and training in all aspects of biochemistry and to provide scientific oversight and guidance to scientists for troubleshooting of analytical issues.
- To evaluate, develop and introduce new technologies.
What we need you to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or equivalent
- Extensive experience in the field of biochemistry within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated experience of the development and validation of biochemistry techniques for testing of in-process and final product samples.
- Report writing, review and management sign off experience to maintain scientific integrity within the department.
- Proven ability in working with and presenting to customers on a variety of scientific subjects.
- Proven ability to deliver projects to agreed timelines and resource plans.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.