Senior Scientist, Analytical Development - Inhalation
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Tampa, FL is searching for a Senior Scientist, Analytical Development – Inhalation. As our Sr Scientist, you will be a SME in method development, method validation, process development, technical transfer, release testing, and stability assessments of inhalation drug products. You will have demonstrated analytical development - inhalation expertise and have a good understanding of parameters affecting product performance, data interpretation, and ability to make data driven decisions to advance the program.
- Document all experiments and results thoroughly with detailed observations.
- Exercise technical discretion in the design, execution, and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies and goals.
- Critically assess experimental data and provide interpretation of results.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, and protocols.
- Prepare detailed scientific presentations for clients, colleagues, and management.
- Participate in data reviews and client discussions.
- Demonstrate a high level of professional expertise in one or more technical areas.
- Act as a mentor/coach for developing Research Chemists and Engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytical Chemistry and substantial related work experience, or Graduate degree in Analytical Chemistry and significant related experience.
- Substantial experience in method development, qualification, and validation around common pulmonary analytical methods to support release and stability studies on GMP materials
- Familiarity with analyzing and interpreting common analytical techniques used for pulmonary applications such as NGI (Next Generation Impactor), DUSA (Dosage Unit Sampling Apparatus), particle sizing, HPLC (High-Performance Liquid Chromatography), KF (Karl Fischer).
- Understanding of ICH (International Council for Harmonization of Technical Requirements for Pharmaceuticals for Human Use) regulatory guidelines related to advancing pulmonary formulations.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a highly collaborative, team oriented, customer focused environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary, research and manufacturing environment.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.