Sales Manager - Material Performance & Protection
Sales Manager – Material Performance & Protection
At Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI), we combine technological innovation with world-class manufacturing and regulatory excellence. We are a leader in Microbial Control Solutions and chemical technologies used in various applications including hygiene and home care. Today, these solutions are more critical than ever to maintain the hygiene and safety of hospitals, homes, schools, and offices across the world. Our Speciality Chemical Services business provides composite materials for technically demanding industries and performance intermediates & chemicals. Our Custom development and manufacturing team has already brought more than 1,000 unique solutions to life for their customers.
We are a highly dynamic group of 3,000 employees in more than 25 countries around the world. For us, performance, collaboration, passion and care are fundamentals. Are YOU someone who CARES about finding unique solutions for customers, who is PASSIONATE about making a difference? We are looking for talent who embrace COLLABORATION and are motivated by a PERFORMANCE culture.
LSI is looking for a Sales Manager Material Performance & Protection, supporting our Microbial Control Solutions (MCS) team remotely.
You will be responsible for the sales of functional additives with a focus on preservation in a wide range of materials in the UK and Scandinavia.
- Implement and monitor local sales strategies for the sale of functional additives with a focus on industrial preservation
- Develop and drive new business opportunities
- Develop solid business plans and platforms to implement and achieve annual P&L targets
- Demonstrate strong entrepreneurial spirit and smart business acumen to grow the sales within your given areas of responsibility
- Prepare and implement a comprehensive business plan to achieve sales goals for assigned customers
- Maintain and improve customer relationships in various functions such as Purchasing, R&D, Regulatory and Quality Management to ensure a high level of customer services and satisfaction, including strategy meetings with customer’s senior management to understand their needs and link them to the organizations’ strategies
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales objectives, while ensuring the optimum customer experience satisfaction
- Revise lead generation plans to generate a substantive sales opportunity pipeline
- Demonstrate Sales Excellence, i.e. accurate forecasting, call reports, market monitoring, sales plans, competition analysis, customer relationship management
- Co-ordinate and communicate customer needs and market intelligence within Lonza to Technical Support, Regulatory, R&D and Marketing
- Build and maintain an effective network within LSI
- Actively represent the business at trade shows and conferences
- BSc or MSc in a science based subject, ideally Chemistry
- Relevant and proven sales experience and knowledge of Speciality Chemicals industry ideally within biocides environment
- Proven knowledge of material performance and protection ideally with experience in biocides
- Planning skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a highly complex matrix environment
- Effective listening skills, independent and self-directed for managing existing business and new opportunities
- Proactive with high self-motivation to achieve goals without supervision
- Culturally aware and experienced in working in an international environment
- Strong, customer-focused philosophy, high energy and positive attitude
- Ability to influence, negotiated and manage both stakeholders and customers
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) in German and English with ability to articulate key technical concepts
A major part of the heritage of LSI is being able to deliver unique solutions to our customers. Being the driving force behind this approach – listening, asking, understanding to match the right elements in a new way has been an inherent part of our day-to-day business. Always with the goal to enable a competitive advantage for each customer with a specific product, package or solution. What makes YOU different?
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.