Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have a great opportunity available for a Validation Engineer to join our Engineering team at our site in Geleen, The Netherlands. As Validation engineer you carry out a variety of tasks related to the validation of equipment and facilities. The scope of activities include the coordination on the installation of equipment, drafting the IQ/OQ/PQ protocols, execution of the IQ/OQ/PQ and documenting the results according cGMP requirements.
- Involved in all validation activities including but not limited to: Facilities, Utilities, Validation Life Cycle, Execution, Technical Documentation, Process, GAP Analysis, Risk Assessment, among others
- Prepare validation documents
- Execution of IQ/OQ and PQ for equipment, systems and utilities
- Write reports of completed validation activities
- Work to identify efficiencies in the validation program approach
- Work to apply lessons learned, and stay informed of industry regulatory changes as it applies to equipment / facility validation
- Perform assigned Quality Systems activities including Document Management system, Change Control, Non Conformities, and CAPA’s
- Writing and/or revising procedures applicable to the Engineering activities
- Support the Engineering group to maintain the validation, requalification and maintenance program
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Technical field
- Significant experience in working in a GMP environment in an Engineering role
- Excellent technical writing skills and the ability to document all work in a thorough, accurate and timely manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work interdepartmentally in an effective manner to carry out daily duties
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.