Engineering Operations Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Engineering Asset Business Partner is an integral member of the Asset Leadership team and a regular participant in asset and functional strategy setting. The BP is responsible for creating and maintaining a comprehensive resource plan and schedule for their assigned area of functional expertise. They are the accountable person for the delivery of designated functional services to the Asset and ensure that defined performance levels are met. Working in collaboration with other BPs they are responsible for the arrangements to provide SME and additional capacity resources to support the asset on an as needed basis.
BPs will drive continuous improvement activities, strategy development and delivery, as well as supporting organizational development and provide cultural leadership. Responsible for attracting and retaining skilled talent; training and encouraging a team-centric environment that improves business performance. Must be capable of motivating others, creating a positive work climate where inter-departmental collaboration, coaching and performance feedback are continuous. Capable of clearly assigning objectives, clearly setting and measuring and monitoring progress, marshaling resources and handling competing priorities. Experienced at establishing clear directions, leading others and bringing out their best.
- Provide functional expertise to the Asset Operations Head in order to achieve production plan achievement. Lead the functional department, managing safety, quality, compliance and efficient, product delivery, batch release, and cost efficiency. Regularly communicate with other functional Business Partners to share best practices and allocate needed SME resources.
- Participate in site strategy decisions as a part of the asset leadership team for the assigned operational unit. As a member of the Asset leadership team, lead cross-functionally with management, support departments, and customers to achieve site vision and strategy.
- Ensure that the manufacturing facility is in a continuous state of readiness for production and GMP audits.
- Supervise, train and mentor the functional team, create a high-performance team that emphasizes strengths-based execution, accountability, open communication, people development and continuous improvement. Focus on people development, identification and development of successors and High Potentials.
- AS/BS in Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry, Trade or equivalent. Preferred area of study: Science related discipline (High School Diploma or Equivalent may be considered with relevant experience)
- Strong experience in manufacturing with some experience and expertise in delivering functional services and expertise to support manufacturing. Prior GMP experience and API manufacturing experience strongly preferred.
- Requires excellent project and program management skills with systematic approaches to problem solving. Must be able to break down complex problems and tasks into activities capable of being performed by personnel.
- Experience in biologics manufacturing, life sciences or similar industry required.
- GMP experienced desired.
- Able to manage multiple cross-functional teams simultaneously.
- Ability to work inter-departmentally and with customers.
- High level of suite specific operations and technical skills.
- Demonstrates role model EPS behaviors- eg 3 way communication, questioning attitude
- Demonstrate ability for effective Planning, Organizing and Controlling competency
- Demonstrate sound decision making, considering broad scope of factors
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels in verbal and written form.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and direct tasks in a fast-paced environment is critical.
- Ability to lead, organize and direct complex activities in a broad cross-functional setting. Ability to integrate broader teams to ensure singular focus.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.