Technician, Lab Services
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic biomanufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. The two companies will work closely on the design of the 17,000 m2 site, which will include 6,500 m2 of lab space and one KUBio facility. With more than 20 successful FDA approvals for biologics, combined with international regulatory expertise, Lonza will now be able to offer the same high standards in China as it does elsewhere. Lonza plans to hire and train a significant number of staff for this site.
- Performs laboratory support services assisting the department in running an efficient laboratory.
- Includes housekeeping, preparing buffers, media, routine calibration of equipment, interactions with delivery, stores personnel, inventory management.
- Point of contact for the department.
- Has an area of expertise in the lab and a good understanding of a subset of equipment.
- Drives improvements using lab expertise.
- Liaise with vendors.
- Implements improvement activities using OE techniques.
- Under guidance of Supervisor perform activities to support the efficient running of the dept.
- May involve some works in Purification and Analytical team.
- Adherence to EHS rules and regulations is required at all times.
- Experienced in lab working experience in biologics or pharmaceutical company.
- Education: Bachelor degree above, major in biology technology pharmaceutical sciences.
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate, and foster positive interactions with team members and stakeholders.
- GMP knowledge required.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.