Electrical Engineering Technician
Electrical Engineering Technician
At Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI), we combine technological innovation with world-class manufacturing and regulatory excellence. We are a leader in Microbial Control Solutions and chemical technologies used in various applications including hygiene and home care. Today, these solutions are more critical than ever to maintain the hygiene and safety of hospitals, homes, schools, and offices across the world. Our Speciality Chemical Services business provides composite materials for technically demanding industries and performance intermediates & chemicals. Our custom development and manufacturing team has already brought more than 1,000 unique solutions to life for their customers.
We are a highly dynamic group of 3,000 employees in more than 25 countries around the world. For us, performance, collaboration, passion and care are fundamentals. Are YOU someone who CARES about finding unique solutions for customers, who is PASSIONATE about making a difference? We are looking for talent who embrace COLLABORATION and are motivated by a PERFORMANCE culture.
LSI is looking for an Electrical Engineering Technician to support the continued operation of Lonza’s manufacturing hub in Huddersfield. Our Huddersfield site is the main production plant for Europe, Asia and Africa producing over 22,000 tonnes of material across 78 different products. Production is carried out 24/7 and the on-site engineering team ensure the plant operates in a safe & reliable way. As the Senior Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for the design of electrical systems on site, managing the execution of small / medium engineering installations, planned maintenance system, supervision of electrical and mechanical contractors when on site and diagnosis, and the repair of plant equipment faults (electrical and mechanical).
- Ensure equipment and systems are designed and maintained to prevent major accidents and / or environmental incidents, including identifying the risks associated with the repair activities and defining a suitable safe system of work
- Manage small / medium engineering improvement projects on site
- Assist with the management and execution of capital investment projects on site
- Design, installation and maintenance of electricals control systems and instrumentation
- Management of preventative maintenance management system
- Provide a repair service (electrical and mechanical) for failed or faulty equipment on site
- Provide mentoring to junior engineer on site
- Has the proven ability to problem solve and proactively identify and implement process improvements within your business area
- Is willing to take on new challenges and provide creative solutions which meet business needs
- Uses knowledge of their business area to make accurate and timely decisions
- Works as an active member of the team and generously shares information and knowledge with others
- Understands the needs of internal and / or external customers in order to deliver in their respective role
- Plans, prioritises and organises work to deliver on time to meet the business needs
- Ensures quality standards are maintained and adhered to while delivering results in compliance with the Health and Safety standards of the organisation
- Proven track record of engagement and inclusion which contributes to a positive work environment
A major part of the heritage of LSI is being able to deliver unique solutions to our customers. Being the driving force behind this approach – listening, asking, understanding to match the right elements in a new way has been an inherent part of our day-to-day business. Always with the goal to enable a competitive advantage for each customer with a specific product, package or solution. What makes YOU different?
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.