Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech is currently looking for a Production Supervisor to join their team in Bend, OR.
The role of the Production Supervisor is to build and develop a team that is able to successfully execute and achieve results aligned with customer and business expectations. This is a great opportunity to lead a team that produces life-saving and life enhancing pharmaceuticals. This position offers an opportunity for continued advancement as a leader.
As leaders, Production Supervisor's are responsible for fostering a work environment that is safe, positive, supportive, open and empowering, so that all individuals feel a sense of purpose and belonging. Supervisors must be present and engaging on the floor; reinforcing values and promoting the transfer of knowledge through coaching, immediate feedback and sharing of experiences. Supervisors must lead by example; embedding values of safety, quality, compliance and integrity into their teams in order to impart a sense of ownership and pride across all levels.
- Be accountable for the safe, compliant and timely execution of all activities during daily production
- Be responsible for delegation of tasks, based upon each individual’s knowledge and level of experience, in order to meet the production schedule and support reaching excellence through error reduction
- Have strong problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
- Provide an appropriate level of knowledge and experience to facilitate a questioning, yet trusting, attitude
- Ensure your team is being provided with the necessary, and accurate, information to make a well-informed and holistic decision
NOTE: This is night shift schedule Saturday-Tuesday with every other Saturday off.
- Must be able to work nights
- High School diploma or equivalent is required. College degree preferred.
- Must have supervisory experience
- Strong GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) or solid dosage experience is preferred
- Good standards of literacy and numeracy
- Demonstrated ability to follow procedure
- Computer and documentation skills
- Solid reading and writing skills
- Learning ability
- Problem solving, prioritizing, & multi-tasking ability
- Lift 25 pounds above head while working
- Lift 50 pounds from floor
- Perform cleaning with 20 foot wand above head height
- Wear powered air purifying respirator and coveralls
- Move 600 pound barrel with cart
- Manually manipulate drums onto carts and pallets
- Lift awkward 30 pound bags into elevated position
- Manually manipulate small parts
- Climb up and down ladders
- Stand during most of employees shift
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.