Global Intercompany Accountant
We are currently have an exciting opportunity for a Global Intercompany Accountant to join our team based in Manchester. The successful candidate will be the primary liaison point for day to day stakeholder issues and will be accountable for delivery of the monthly group reporting and accounts for a stakeholder, or group of stakeholders, while working autonomously and as part of a wider team. This will involve the discharge of Month End process and Balance Sheet Liability management for the stakeholder. The post holder will work collaboratively with the Site controller (s), and with the wider R2R team of SME and the R2R accountants, following established procedures, accounting principles and guidelines in order to maintain the organisations financial records and transactions in a accurately and timely fashion.
If this sounds like the role for you read on!
- Have help deliver section 3.6 - Perform General Ledger Accounting processes in the R2R Taxonomy, which will involve performing various transactions and processes designed to maintain financial systems to ensure completeness of statutory and group reporting information whilst ensuring compliance with accounting principles/standards, relevant regulations and reporting requirements. You will be required to sign off various steps in the month end close timetable.
- You will prepare and process prepayments and accruals, and recurring journals, classifying and recording financial transactions and posting entries to the ledgers, FX, Mark Up and internal settlements. You will also be require to help support the intercompany process.
- You will help prepare and provide supporting documentation for compliance i.e. ICS, IA, and External Audit
- You will carry out balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring reconciling items are dealt with on a timely basis, including bank accounts and clearing GRIR,
- Provide excellent service delivery
- Help to make standard calculations to accurately compile and report statistics and analyze financial information.
- Be a key contributor to delivering the finance vision and support key change initiatives and drive through continuous improvement, including assisting on various projects
- ICAEW qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA/ACA), or studying or qualified by experience.
- Experiance with Intercompany Account
- RP (SAP) and advanced Excel skills (including vlook-ups and pivot tables)
- Experience of working within a fast paced environment delivering services to stakeholders, delivering delegated month-end close activities to a stakeholder or group of stakeholders;
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and perform all tasks in a timely and efficient manner;
- Experience of supporting multiple country/unit based market controllers, providing both a transactional and business partnering function to ensure a high quality R2R service is delivered;
- Robust experience of end to end R2R processes
- Experience of liaising and working closely with internal and external auditors;
- Working knowledge of IFRS;
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.