Process Technician, Grade III
At Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI), we combine technological innovation with world-class manufacturing and regulatory excellence. We are a leader in Microbial Control Solutions and chemical technologies used in various applications including hygiene and home care. Today, these solutions are more critical than ever to maintain the hygiene and safety of hospitals, homes, schools, and offices across the world. Our Speciality Chemical Services business provides composite materials for technically demanding industries and performance intermediates & chemicals. Our Custom development and manufacturing team has already brought more than 1,000 unique solutions to life for their customers.
We are a highly dynamic group of 3,000 employees in more than 25 countries around the world. For us, performance, collaboration, passion and care are fundamentals. Are YOU someone who CARES about finding unique solutions for customers, who is PASSIONATE about making a difference? We are looking for talent who embrace COLLABORATION and are motivated by a PERFORMANCE culture.
LSI is looking for a Process Technician supporting our Manufacturing Plant in Huddersfield, working as part of our logistics team enabling the continued manufacturing / production at our site.
This is a manual role requiring the successful candidate to operate a fork-lift truck and you will be expected to load and unload vehicles, ensuring the safe receipt, documentation and correct storage of raw materials and finished products. This is a varied role with considerable exposure to different elements of manufacturing requirements and has scope for development in other areas.
- Actively comply with all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations. Regular contribution to the site safety reporting systems, participate in hazard studies when requested.
- Maintain knowledge of site operations and potential major accidents to enable useful liaison with Site Management and the emergency services
- Safe off-loading of packaged raw materials and empty packaging
- Safe loading of vehicles with finished product
- Operation of biocides packaging lines
- Ensure process information sheets are followed, packaged products meet packaging and labelling specifications
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the yard and warehouse areas
- Carry out minor maintenance tasks and inspections (in particular in relation to fork lift trucks and other transport related equipment )
- Picking and packing operations to fulfil direct dispatch of finished goods from the facility
- Routine data entry onto the SAP stock control system
- Ability to challenge the status quo and looks for opportunity to make improvements in your area of the business and beyond
- Embraces new initiates and drives successful implementation in your area
- Use knowledge of business area to make accurate and timely decisions
- Works as an active member of the team
- Understands what internal and external customers’ need to deliver in the role
- Plans, prioritises and organises work to deliver on time
- Takes responsibility for their own safety and that of other. Seeks and provides feedback to the team to support professional development
A major part of the heritage of LSI is being able to deliver unique solutions to our customers. Being the driving force behind this approach – listening, asking, understanding to match the right elements in a new way has been an inherent part of our day-to-day business. Always with the goal to enable a competitive advantage for each customer with a specific product, package or solution. What makes YOU different?
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.