Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic bio manufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. You will be primarily responsible for the maintenance and administration of Good Manufacturing Practices automation systems for new facility. This includes Distributed Control System and vendor packaged Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Startup of new facility including installing, qualifying and maintaining Automation and controls system Programmable Logic Controller/ Distributed Control System/Plant Integration system/ Manufacturing Execution System.
Perform all work safely and meet the requisite training requirements
Provide technical support to manufacturing and other departments for the design and operation of process automation equipment.
Provide troubleshooting and technical analyses on manufacture equipment and process automation system.
Act as control engineer for tech transfer of new process into the facilities.
Support production and project teams in questions of Automation and controls.
Create Automation related Standard Operation Procedures, Change control and deviation reports.
Support new project design, commission and validation.
- Maintenance and operation of Good Manufacturing Practices automated systems such as bioreactors, centrifuges, purification skids, and utilities.
- Be capable of troubleshooting issues related to equipment and automation systems independently.
- Supporting evaluation of process discrepancies, developing corrective actions, and implementing corrective actions.
- Perform commissioning and qualification activities for automation systems.
- Perform CSV activities for the plant equipment on various control system e.g. time synchronization, disaster recovery, database backup, user access management, periodic review and etc.
- Strong knowledge of Control Systems and Instrumentation and shall serve as a Subject
- Matter Expert for process Risk Assessments and Hazards Analyses.
- Collaborate with other functional teams such as Manufacturing, Quality, and other functions on cross-functional projects and responsibility e.g. Capable of leading continuous improvement projects and initiatives with involvement of other functional teams; directing the activities with external service vendor.
- Adhere to the requirements specified in Automation related quality policies/quality standards or related Standard Operation Procedure.
- Adopt good engineering practice documents as guidance documents when performing the work function.
- Provide 24x7 support when needed.
- Implement, enforce and take ownership on all Environmental, Health & Safety, requirements and initiatives within his/her areas of responsibilities.
- Bachelor degree from Automation/engineering/electrical engineering or equivalent degree and relevant work experience/training.
- Working experience in support, design and/or implementation of control systems and instrumentation, preferably in the biopharmaceutical or related industries.
- The candidate must have working experience with supporting or implementing projects on Control systems. Strong technical knowledge of Emerson Delta-V DCS or Siemens Building Automation System (BAS).
- Strong technical knowledge of Siemens Programmable Logic Controller and experience on Plant Integration system/ Manufacturing Execution System is preferred.
- Experience of Batch software and S88 Standard.
- Experience on CSV activities on various control system
- Able to perform troubleshooting independently and resourceful to resolve plant equipment issue.
- Candidate must be able to work well with others as a team member in an informal results oriented work environment.
- Must have good communication skills (both verbal and written) in English, and be able to work collaboratively with other groups
- Candidate should have a good understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), particularly as they relate to the operation, validation and maintenance of computer controlled systems.
- Knowledge of biological pharmaceutical production is desirable.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.