Head of Enabling Functions
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Head of Enabling Functions serves as a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and is responsible for the development and execution of continuous improvement activities and mindset across the site. Together, Operational Excellence, Training and Development, Business Analytics, site strategic programs (i.e. G2E), and Communications support and enable the business to achieve operational readiness, flawless execution and consistency across the site and network. The enabling functions partner with SLT and other corporate leadership to identify and drive process and system standardization, measure and monitor functional performance, support sustainability, create a mindset of continuous improvement and a culture adaptable to change.
- Define and deploy the strategy and vision of the enabling functions group; centered on continuous improvement, integrated values and ways of working, to ensure performance is met and continually improved against. Ensure alignment of core competencies, skills and vision to support the site and the network.
- Establish, drive and execute strategic initiatives to improve operational performance across the site. Plans are to be aligned with the site priorities and focused on identifying and implementing efficiencies, reducing costs, generating value and ensuring sustainability.
- Coach and develop teams, and others across the site, in engaging in a continual improvement mindset across the organization; ensure a presence across the site. Partner with peers and area leaders to identify key metrics used to continually measure and monitor functional performance.
- Collaborate with global counterparts across the network to promote a culture of knowledge and information sharing and drive consistency across systems, processes, structure and other key factors. Ensure communication and alignment, appropriate and timely escalation, risk mitigation and problem resolution with local and global stakeholders.
- As a member of SLT, responsible for total Houston Site financial, safety, quality and product delivery; contribute to shaping Portsmouth strategy development and delivery, organizational development and culture leadership. Act as a chief of staff to the site head; support communications, assist with/facilitate meetings and coordinate actions, and have an overall awareness of the state of the site and business
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Life Sciences Degree.
- Extensive experience in implementing continuous improvement initiatives in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience in Cell Gene Therapy or Biologics is strongly desired.
- The ability to translate corporate strategy into critical success factors and creates breakthrough implementation plans.
- Communicates business strategy, measures and tactical plans effectively to all stakeholders and helps them make sense of complexity and uncertainty.
- Creates mechanisms to share information and knowledge across functions.
- Foster diverse teams to enhance Lonza’s global competitiveness and fuel innovation.
- Defines and introduces systematic approaches to track customer key metrics and ensures implementation within his/her business area(s).
- Ensures their team(s) support the execution of business strategy and/or specific objectives.
- Drives a systematic approach to planning and delivery based on short-medium-long-term time horizons
- Demonstrates high integrity and accountability for his/her area ensuring team(s) actions and decisions are aligned to business objectives.
- Provides opportunities for talent and performance development through specific and measurable actions, coaching and mentoring.
- Deliver projects within budget and on time, accurately define and realize benefits, effectively manage resources
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.