Manufacturing Science and Technology Lab Scientist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is searching for an experienced Lab Scientist, focusing on product quality analytical analyses, to join our Manufacturing Sciences and Technology team (MSAT). As our MSAT Lab Scientist, you will be responsible for the execution of analytical assays and all affiliated laboratory duties. In this role, you will focus on downstream purification and analytical techniques.
- Performs tasks for execution of simple lab studies/analytical work with a high level of autonomy, and more complex studies/analytical work with supervisory input.
- Executes studies or analytical methods in accordance with study protocols or SOPs.
- Drafts simple and more complex study protocols and reports independently with supervisor/ peer review.
- Performs intermediate level of data analysis with the ability to recognize trends and areas where more analysis should be performed. Performs basic statistical data analysis, charting, linear regression analysis.
- Reviews lab documentation and provides recommendations for updates and corrections.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences or Biomedical/Chemical Engineering.
- Working experience in the biotech industry in downstream process development, familiar with process scale up to manufacturing.
- Some experience with common techniques in downstream purification (packing columns, preparing buffers, programming and running AKTAs etc.) and analytical techniques (sample prep, executing assays, reporting data, etc.).
- Working experience with protocol, report writing and data analysis.
- Good presentation skills, teamwork and ability to interact effectively with internal and external project teams, including customer communications.
- Working experience with:
- Analytical: Working knowledge of general protein characterization assays, e.g. gel based, chromatographic, and immuno-affinity based assays.
- Downstream process: Working knowledge of cell biology, protein structure, scale up, chromatography, ultrafiltration/diafiltration, virus filtration and basic knowledge of statistical data analysis.
- Some weekend work required.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.