Field Service Engineer
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
To strengthen our technical service team, we are currently looking for a Field Service Engineer is responsible for timely execution of maintenance and installation for reader devices & software applications at the customer site.
- Collaborate and cooperates work with other R&D team members across Lonza sites to ensure that team goals and agreed R&D project schedules are met.
- Execute and timely document all field services (preventative maintenance and repairs) while ensuring appropriate testing documentation is completed, recorded with the customer and filed. This includes but not limited to Repairs, Assays, PM completion, Installations, Software/hardware updates, and training.
- Perform IOPQ’s, software/hardware updates, trouble shoot and train in accordance to Quality Manual methods and procedures. Able to identify, adapt and support unique customer quality assurance requirements to their standards.
- Ability to perform IOPQ’s, software/hardware updates, trouble shoot and preventive maintenance on all automated robotic systems. Able to identify, adapt and support unique customer quality assurance requirements to their standards.
- Install, configure, trouble-shoot/support and train on WinKQCL software.
- Follow company established SOP’s, including contract or fee-based billing as detailed.
- Coordinate travel, schedule and manage field service contracts in an assigned Territory.
- Manage equipment required. Maintaining all company property, inventory levels, tools, and cost including travel according to company guidelines and policies.
- IOPQ visits - Installing and validating the Lonza endotoxin detection systems in GMP environment
- Preventive maintenance on the endotoxin detection systems, explaining the used verification steps to customer, helping them prepare for audit.
The position is based in Bornem and entails 80% travel
- A technical degree in maintenance or any related fiel
- Bachelor in Bioscience, Engineering or equal through experience
- You have a first experience in customer support
- Fluent in English. Good knowledge of Dutch, French and German are preferred
- You are comfortable with hands on work on fine machinery and have troubleshooting skills.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.