Engineering Technician (ME19)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for an Engineering Technician to join us at our site in Slough. This role reports directly to the Shift Supervisor within the Lonza Engineering Department. The technician is responsible for delivering the performance of the site maintenance requirements and in addition to this comply with Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and People Development. All done during periods of downtime (planned maintenance and breakdowns).
- Drive the health and safety culture to create a healthy and risk-free working environment.
- Ensure timely raising, escalating and closure of all near miss related corrective & preventative actions.
- Contribute to the achievement of world-class engineering quality through quality system compliance and adherence.
- Ensure all planned maintenance tasks are performed to the required standard.
- Responsible for maintaining the department working environment (Workshop, stores and production areas) to defined GMP standards at all times.
- Ensure adherence to maintenance records and correct completion of SAP PM and GMP SOP/Processes .
- Maximise the asset performance as defined by overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) with specific focus on availability and performance improvements.
- Deliver the agreed maintenance plan within the planned resource and timeframes.
- Organising immediate actions to fix problems.
- Provide a comprehensive handover between shifts and engineering supervisor(s)
- Participate in a shift Rota (7am to 7pm 12hrs shifts. 2 days on followed by 2 nights and then 4 days off)
- Maximising site asset efficiencies
- Identify and deliver cost saving initiatives
- Industry Related Qualifications, or relevant trade experience
- Knowledge of managing complex plant and engineering resources within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to communicate, network, engage and influence people across the site.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including report writing and formal presentation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of credibility, integrity and resilience.
- Strong analytical skills underpinned by innovative thinking.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities successfully.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.