Maintenance Mechanic (Multiple Openings)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Bioscience is actively seeking (4) Maintenance Mechanic’s in Walkersville, MD. These individuals will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairing, and installing new equipment as well as overall facility maintenance according to company and departmental SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures). Must be available to work overtime continually and potentially with short notice as business needs dictate.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Set-up, maintains, troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Performs construction and general facility type work.
- Leads installation and removal of equipment.
- Inspects work of other, less experienced technicians.
- Lead performance of required corrective maintenance.
- Assists with leading projects including defining scope and coordinating/supervising external contractors, vendors, and internal technicians.
- Machine and manufacture parts for production equipment.
- Purchase and maintain inventory of parts for equipment.
- Provide guidance to less experienced technicians.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- HS Degree or equivalent with work experience in vocational specialty in a cGMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) environment is desirable
- Aseptic processing experience and training preferred.
- Must be available to work overtime continually and potentially with short notice as business needs dictate.
- EPA Certified (Universal), License or certification in specified discipline preferred (Electrician, Mechanic, HVAC, Carpenter, Stationery Engineer, Boiler Operator).
- 1st or 2nd Class Stationary engineer license in the state of MD preferred
- Knowledge of aseptic technique, contamination control, cleanroom behavior and GMP/ISO preferred.
- Knowledge of HVAC and refrigeration required within 12 months.
- Mechanical, pneumatic, electrical skills and mathematical knowledge.
- Knowledge of standard machine shop practices and use of power tools.
- Ability to pass gowning requirement for work in Class 100 environments.
- Must be able to read, interpret blueprints, schematics, technical manuals, diagrams, and equipment specifications.
- Must be able to read, understand, and follow SOP’s.
- Must be able to understand importance of compliance with cGMPs
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.