Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Order Coordinator is the connecting link between Sales, Accounts Solutions Representatives, and the Distribution Centers.
- Order Fulfillment throughout the domestic supply chain network
- Transfer inventory throughout the network
- Manage movement with the outside warehouses
- Review the order pending shipment report to determine which orders need to ship
- Prepare those orders to be pulled by warehouse associates for loading on trucks
- Print all C of A’s for each order shipping to customer
- Prepare all paperwork and generate master bill of lading if shipping from the GWD warehouse. Outside warehouses will prepare their own BOL.
- Confirm and ship all needed shipments: Domestic/Canada Shipments
- Small Parcel – FedEx management
- Truckload (TL)
- Less than Truckload (LTL)
- 3PL Warehouse Support – transportation, order fulfillment , & cGMP audit support/oversight to all outside DCs
- Liaison to ASR’s & Sales – process improvement, supply chain optimization with respect to the 3PLs
- Troubleshoot delivery issues across the network
- Transportation Cost Analysis – cost/benefit; TL vs LTL, utilize small parcel
- Perform other duties as assigned. Work with the warehouses to manage/coordinate and request disposition of aged inventories
- Associate degree in business, logistics, science, or engineering
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Flexible scheduling of hours, including weekends as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- Experience in Supply Chain or Materials Management is a plus
- Knowledge of SAP extremely helpful
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.