Lead Characterisation Scientist
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Here at Lonza, we have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Scientist to join our Characterisation team at Lonza Slough. To lead and direct work/study programs and contribute to scientific projects by generating and interpreting scientific data from experimental work.
- To lead major or complex work/projects simultaneously; ensuring scientific objective and timelines are met and provides leadership to junior team members through their expert scientific knowledge.
- Communicate with external customers to demonstrate Lonza’s scientific credibility and grow relationships.
- Actively develop MS based methods and approaches to improve work efficiency, provide support for non-standard molecules and maintain offerings in line with industry expectations.
- Provide support and encourage development of MS users and system owners.
- Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Life Science
- Familiarity with methods and instruments used for protein characterisation such as LC-MS (peptide mapping, intact mass analysis and oligosaccharide profiling), icIEF, CE-SDS, HPLC (SEC, RP, HIC, IEX, HILIC) and SEC-MALS
- Expert appreciation of runnin g Mass Specs and how to use the data
- Experience of Complex proteins – Complex antibodies – Complex Molecules
- Understanding of protein structure, post translational modifications, degradation pathways for recombinant proteins
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.