Senior IT Application Expert Global Trade and Sales solutions (SAP GTS, SAP SD) (Milan)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
**THIS ROLE WILL BE BASED IN MILAN**
We are looking for Senior IT Application Expert in Milan to act as IT solution lead and a project manager in IT initiatives to supervise internal and external IT Application Experts. You will control the implementation of IT solutions and ensure adherence with Lonza standards and guidelines. The Expert will also act as delivery manager for IT Application activities, to contribute to the solution of complex support requests and organize professional problem management.
- Analyze and prioritize user requirements, advise internal stakeholders in terms of SAP GTS and SAP SD, approve concepts and specifications, organize and facilitate workshops, oversee configuration and customization of systems, work out test plans, contribute to the creation of test scripts, test execution and training documentation, lead trainings and data migration activities, control global process and system governance, adhere to GMP and quality policies.
- Manage the development service in projects. Partner with system development providers, train them in terms of Lonza standards and guidelines, perform the hand-over of technical specifications, advice and monitor the realization of software programming, perform quality control of deliverables.
- Organize the integration of system enhancements into existing IT business applications: Liaise with internal customers, ensure testing and transfer into productive operations. Responsible to transfer new applications to the support organization. Delegate common incidents and problems to the IT support organization. Provide 3rd level support for complex incidents. Contribute to the resolution of critical / urgent incidents. Organize professional solution of problems.
- Take over accountability for SAP GTS. Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of Lonza custom IT business applications. Get familiar with newest generation IT solutions and advise internal partners on innovate IT technologies.
- Expertise in SAP GTS (preferably with Seeburger), SAP SD, and the integration to other SAP modules like MM, FI, CO
- System configuration knowhow in SAP GTS and SD, and basic ABAP knowhow
- Excellent understanding of the business processes in Customs Management, Compliance Management and preferably knowledge in Preference Calculation
- Ability to interact and communicate with our Trade Compliance Team at eye level
- Excellent understanding of the business processes in SD and intercompany processes
- Conceptual thinking
- IT project methodology
- Analytical skills
- Teaching ability
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Presentation and moderation skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.