Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Buyer- Indirects to be join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
The Buyer- Indirects will Provide a buying service to all Lonza employees requiring indirect goods/services and CAPEX (where relevant) for the group of sites in scope. Ensure all indirect third party spend goes through the relevant buying channel and internal review procedures are followed to maximize value for Lonza Cooperate closely with Accounts Payable and the P2P enablement team to resolve invoice queries and GRIR queries. Ensure timely delivery of goods and services. Lead supplier negotiations for low value contracts. Drive and support automation of Purchase Requisition & Purchase Order processes
- Lead competitive bid process (per applicable policy) and/or execute RFx market interventions
- Review and validate Purchase Requisition for indirect products/services & CAPEX (where relevant) for several sites
- Lead supplier negotiations for low value contracts with supplier
- Ensure contracts and Purchase orders are assigned to relevant preferred suppliers (if possible)
- Place Purchase Orders, obtain order confirmations and expedite orders to ensure on-time delivery for several sites
- Maintain relevant data fields in SAP (e.g. delivery dates and supplier order confirmations)
- Manage non-conformance, rejections & returns with suppliers and Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Monitor & track supplier performance and raise issues with strategic buyers and/or category managers
- Drive and support the use of e-catalogue (Ariba) and other approved buying channels which generate automation
- Train new joiners and junior colleagues
- Supervise more junior colleagues in the team
- Respond to AP enquiries
What we need you to have:
- BSc Qualified within Business, Economics, Engineering, Procurement or Supply Chain.
- Extensive hands on experience within Procurement from a regulated industry.
- Experience working within a Quality management system
- Signification experience working within Indirect and CAPEX purchasing
- Working knowledge and experience using SAP based system
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.