Cell Culture Group Leader - R&T
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have an exciting new position available for a Cell Culture Group Leader to join our fast growing Research and Development team in Slough.
This is a brilliant career opportunity for an experienced team leader with a technical background in mammalian cell line development and Bioreactor process development, who is looking for new challenge and an interesting project to be part of.
- Maintain Lonza Pharma & Biotech as a leading contract manufacturer through the development and optimization of new mammalian cell culture technologies.
- Work closely with the upstream Technical Director; plans and prioritizes tasks and assignments in a work program
- Provide in depth and hands-on technical expertise/scientific guidance to team members
- Ensure studies are scientifically sound and in line with current regulatory guidance and expectations
- Line management responsibility for scientists working on a variety of Research and Technology projects.
- Ensures GLP and EHS regulations are followed
- PHD is nice to have
- Relevant industry experience
- A technological background in mammalian cell line development and Bioreactor process development
- Broad competence using technologies required for establishing cell lines and developing mammalian processes.
- Experience with Process analystical technoloy - PAT
- Scale up and scale down experience
- Bioreactor automation experience
- High level of competence in leading and managing people.
- Strong organizational skills
- High level of communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix and project environment
- Intellect for development of effective practical solutions.
- Strong desire to develop others for the good of the team.
- Enthusiasm and motivation for working and solving very challenging problems.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.