Associate Biotechnologist, Mammalian Manufacturing
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Did you know that we are the 1st biologics contract manufacturer in Singapore? We offer you exposure to upcoming biotech and established pharmaceutical companies and to the manufacturing technology needed to produce mammalian treatments and cell therapies of tomorrow. Our global manufacturing network is recognized for its reliable, high-quality services, regulatory track record, global footprint, innovative technology platforms and extensive experience – we, in Singapore are proud to be part of this global network.
We have a great opportunity for Associate Biotechnologist to join our Manufacturing Central Operations group at our Tuas site in Singapore. Reporting to the Section Lead/Manager, you will be responsible for the manufacturing of therapeutic proteins under cGMP conditions.
You will be working in 12-hour rotating shift in a 2-2 3-2 2-3 pattern and will be compensated with shift premium and allowances!
- Learn and perform well-defined procedures within a GMP manufacturing setting
- Perform equipment monitoring & and basic 6S housekeeping
- Perform basic laboratory tasks (e.g. sampling, pH/ conductivity/ osmolality measurements etc.)
- Perform routine sanitization tasks to maintain facility standards
- Trained & signed off on Performance Measures (PMs) relating to CIP/ SIP/ basic tank & instrument operations
- Demonstrate aseptic technique in the handling of product/ materials
- Perform basic process & equipment troubleshooting
- Multi-task on equipment preparations & operations to ensure adherence to schedule
- Attain full competency in the performance of all operations relevant to manufacturing areas assigned.
- Display basic process & equipment troubleshooting ability under routine scenarios.
- Become a technical process expert by exhibiting basic understanding of critical process/operational parameters and target/acceptable ranges, as well as interactions between different process parameters.
- Use Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), logbooks & Batch Records (BRs) effectively & competently
- Submit samples via Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
Materials & Equipment Preparations
- Able to identify the correct materials by part number and FEFO lots.
- Select appropriate Dispensing Booths/Hoods and Weight balance.
- Identify sampling requirements based on material RMS.
- Assemble Autoclave assembly per SOP.
- Able to perform equipment wash without stains and residues.
- Enhanced knowledge of the different setup and equipment use between customers for different operations, e.g.: CIPs and buffer/media transfer
- Able to identify and lead the installation of the different set up and equipment for different customers for different operations, e.g.: CIPs and buffer/media transfer
- Understand the criticality of setting up the right path and equipment for different customers
- In depth knowledge of the different set up and the equipment use between single use and the conventional stainless steel equipment
- Able to formulate plans for executing CIPs to meet different customers requirement, e.g., the CIPs of the HTST.
- Diploma/NITEC in a related Science/Engineering discipline or some relevant work experience in a similar industry
- Knowledge of Biopharmaceutical processing is not essential, but an added asset
- Knowledge of cGMP applications
- Positive team oriented attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to perform rotating 12-hour shift pattern
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Vaccination status: As the above role requires you to work on-site*, only fully vaccinated** employees will be shortlisted for the role. For fully vaccinated applicants, please indicate your vaccination status as “fully vaccinated” when applying for the role.
*In line with the latest advisory from the Ministry of Manpower, from 1 January 2022 only employees who are fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 within the past 180 days, can return to the workplace.
** Lonza adopts the definition of “fully vaccinated” by the Ministry of Health in Singapore which means that you:
(a) have received the full regimen of WHO EUL vaccines from a specific manufacturer; and
(b) have met the prescribed post-vaccination period for the respective vaccine to be fully effective.
For more information, please visit: https://go.gov.sg/vdsmminfo