Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Warehouse Operator will provide support to the site with knowledge of the various areas of receiving, shipping and inventory control. The warehouse operator will effectively and efficiently perform all duties related to the daily warehouse operations, including pulling orders, delivering orders, inventory, daily paperwork, general housekeeping, light maintenance and other responsibilities as delegated. Position reports to the Manufacturing Senior Operations Analyst.
- Accurate and timely order fulfillment including the pulling of and delivery of materials in the correct quantities and correct labeling.
- Unload and check all incoming freight. Sort and process all incoming shipments. Assure that all material is properly labeled and stored
- Accurately enters SAP transactions for good receipt, stock overview, stock put-away, and material movement
- Maintains Kanban area, including material ordering and re-stocking
- Work as liaison between departments and 3rd parties to resolve receiving and shipping errors
- Safety, properly and efficiently operate utility cart and other material handling equipment
- Keep the warehouse and transfer rooms neat, organized and clean
- Assist with inventory counts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Occasional overtime required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- proficient with Microsoft Office Applications
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.