Sample Co-ordinator (12 month FTC)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is a Swiss multinational, chemicals and Biotechnology Company with major facilities in Europe, North America and South Asia. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success.
As a Sample Coordinator you will proactively manage and coordinate the receipt, storage, inventory, shipping, disposal and life cycle of Critical Reagent, samples and manufacturing batch material.
Please note this role is a 12 month fixed term contract.
- Receipt and processing of manufacturing batches
- Inventory storage management for critical reagents, in process samples, manufacturing batches and controlled material.
- Coordination of shipments of Critical Reagents, material and samples with delivery to the shipping department.
- Registration of Critical Reagents
- Coordination of distribution, stock issuing and reconciliation with all Slough site buildings.
- Co-ordination of critical reagent disposal / shipping to customer.
- Maintenance of the cold storage facilities where material is stored, liaising with the Equipment Specialist for annual service and requalification activities.
- Assisting the sample co-ordination team to implement improved and consistent sample management services to all departments and buildings.
- Maintaining the highest standards in the workplace to include Safety, GMP Compliance, LSO adherence, iComply, housekeeping and inspection readiness
- Experience working within a laboratory environment
- Previous experience in similar role is highly desirable
- Knowledge of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) is desirable but not mandatory
- Good time management and organisational skills with ability to effectively plan and complete assigned tasks
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proactive nature and a desire to learn
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.