Supply Chain Specialist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for a Supply Chain Specialist to join our team in Monteggio.
The Supply Chain Specialist is responsible for supporting the Supply Chain Management function in the areas of Planning and Logistics, connecting external and internal functions to ensure the flow of incoming and outgoing goods. Manages any logistics related changes in the ERP (SAP) System and will be part of the SAP Key User group.
Executes key tasks to support planning and logistics optimization initiatives. Supports to ensure production plans to maximize the use of the organization’s resources and meet established production specifications and schedules, volume, cost, and wastage targets; and quality standards.
- Perform all routine tasks related to logistics of incoming and outgoing materials.
- Planning of incoming goods and organization of deliveries with internal Warehouse and external Warehouse.
- Ensure sufficient documentation of incoming materials.
- Directly communicates with customer supply and procurement functions.
- Accessing external customer ERP systems and retrieving relevant information.
- Creating production orders (legacy IT system and SAP system).
- Production of customized labels (and barcodes).
- Reviewing final production records.
- Local expert/SME for dangerous goods transportation.
- SME for customs issues with international shipment.
- SAP key user, supporting SCM/PM function and whole site.
- Creation and maintenance of Master data in SAP.
- Support the Planning Function during times of high activity.
- Maintain all planning master data in SAP and associated systems.
What we need you to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred; Preferred field of study, Supply Chain or Business Management.
- DGRS Certification required, CPIM highly desired.
- Significant experience in a Supply Chain role, preferably within a GMP (Good Manufacturing Principles) environment.
- Ability to influence both Supply Chain and functional leaders to support supply planning and site manufacturing strategy recommendations.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Competent using MS Office suite, particularly Excel and ERP systems such as SAP/MS Dynamics.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define metrics (KPI’s) and identify issues through root cause analysis.
- Languages: Fluent in Italian and English/other languages desirable.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.