At Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI), we combine technological innovation with world-class manufacturing and regulatory excellence. We are a leader in Microbial Control Solutions and chemical technologies used in various applications including hygiene and home care. Today, these solutions are more critical than ever to maintain the hygiene and safety of hospitals, homes, schools, and offices across the world. Our Speciality Chemical Services business provides composite materials for technically demanding industries and performance intermediates & chemicals. Our Custom development and manufacturing team has already brought more than 1,000 unique solutions to life for their customers.
We are a highly dynamic group of 3,000 employees in more than 25 countries around the world. For us, performance, collaboration, passion and care are fundamentals. Are YOU someone who CARES about finding unique solutions for customers, who is PASSIONATE about making a difference? We are looking for talent who embrace COLLABORATION and are motivated by a PERFORMANCE culture.
LSI is looking for a Plant Controller supporting our Microbial Control Solutions business located in Castleford.
This role partners with the plant and financial management to aid in managing the plant cost performance of our Huddersfield manufacturing site. You will successfully produce the analysis in understanding actual, forecast results and setting of accurate cost valuations. This position adds value to the organisation by providing plant and financial management with the necessary financial information to make sound business decisions and by ensuring adherence to corporate accounting standards.
In this standalone role, you will be responsible for managing the cost performance of our Huddersfield Manufacturing site, however you will also have the ability to broaden the remit of the role to include other functional business areas. global responsibilities and sites.
- Business Partner with Site Manager and leadership team – influencing business performance by providing insightful analysis, fact-based recommendations and proactively identify opportunities and risks
- Directs plant accounting functions and assures compliance with corporate accounting policies and IFRS, interfacing with internal and external auditors as needed
- Analyses financial reports, evaluates plant performance and spending, providing site leadership team with site financial and statistical reports (CAPEX, cost effective analysis)
- Partnering with plant finance and tolling teams – influencing business performance by providing insightful analysis, fact-based recommendations and proactively identify opportunities and risks relating to 3rd party tolling activities for Microbial Control products
- Actively participate in Senior Management meeting, providing guidance and recommendations for production and inventory strategies
- Utilising knowledge of plant manufacturing operations, manage material flow and cost accounting principles, to ensure accurate product cost development
- Performing accounting activities for monthly, quarterly, and year-end plant accounting closings, variance analysis and reporting
- Conducting product costing and analysis of results that assist in business decision-making
- Assisting in co-ordination and production of annual physical inventory and cycle counts. Supporting in the analysis and reconciliation of data from the inventory counts.
- Facilitating Target process with Finance, Operations, and Sourcing to develop the new years’ product costing standards accurately and timely
- Co-ordinating the preparation of the plant’s annual operating expense budget
- Active site leader for all financial matters and supporting all site objectives (safety, capital spending / analysis, and manufacturing improvement opportunities)
- You will be CIMA or ACCA qualified, or have comparable experience which will allow you to work autonomously in this standalone role
- With a proven track record you will be able to deliver and manage financial projects to achieve business needs
- Your experience will ideally have been gained in the chemicals industry or manufacturing environment
- With significant communication skills you will be able to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- As a successful stakeholder manager you will have the ability to negotiate and influence customers internally and externally and be able to relate financial information in a way which creates understanding and guides awareness / decision-making equally
- You will have significant experience of Microsoft office packages, in particular Microsoft Excel and experience of using SAP would be advantageous
A major part of the heritage of LSI is being able to deliver unique solutions to our customers. Being the driving force behind this approach – listening, asking, understanding to match the right elements in a new way has been an inherent part of our day-to-day business. Always with the goal to enable a competitive advantage for each customer with a specific product, package or solution. What makes YOU different?
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.