Payroll Specialist for Brazil and Mexico
Payroll Specialist for Brazil and Mexico
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Payroll Specialist will support the integration of Brazil and Mexico into our Shared Service Center in Costa Rica. In addition will work for payroll processing for US locations and other countries. The Payroll specialist will provide transactional and administrative support to Payroll services for employees, managers and HR partners. This role is responsible for the follow up and completion of employee´s Payroll inquiries and audits. It will also require compiling and analyzing payroll data and reports to ensure timely and accurate payroll processing. This role will also facilitate Tier 0 or Tier 1 case resolution in transferring knowledge to these levels..
- Overall responsibility for all activities and processes required to produce payroll(s), including bonus payments and off-cycle payments as needed. Ensures accurate and timely payment of employee compensation.
- Conducts own work planning and prioritization to create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and optimize performance, working to define standards and best-practice approaches for Payroll processes.
- Drives effective and efficient payroll processes by building and maintaining compliance with payroll governance SOPs, ensuring compliance with internal controls.
- Manages vendor operations to ensure they achieve their responsibilities. Identify and resolve operational issues, control vendor accountability.
- Interfaces with finance/treasury/tax to direct funding as well as tracking and reconciling credits, debits and all adjustments.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all payroll legislation to ensure compliance with local payroll requirements, regulations, procedures and tax matters.
- Directs data collection for payroll audit or other data requests as needed. Participates in special projects and other strategic initiatives (i.e. acquisitions, divestitures and demographic changes in employee base).
- Respond to Payroll inquiries timely to our clients through our ticketing system ServiceNow.
- Manage and adjust paid time-off (accruals) and perform historical corrections and adjustments in Kronos when needed.
- Review Workday transactions to ensure Payroll accuracy.
- University degree in HR, Administration or related areas.
- 2-4 years Payroll for Brazil and Mexico is a must.
- 0-2 years Payroll for United States preferred.
- System experience - Workday, Kronos (or similar time management system) preferred.
- Previous experiences in Shared Services centres is a must
- Advanced English Level is a must.
- Intermediate Portuguese Level is a must.
- Excel Intermediate Level preferred.
Every day, Lonza´s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve Is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.