Business Analytics Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Business Analytics Manager is responsible for the delivery of the Business Analytics Program; focused on providing data driven solutions and analysis for both internal and external customers. Through the development of a strong partnership with Operational Excellence and key stakeholders the lead works to identify key metrics and content needed to continually measure and monitor functional and business performance. Collaboration with Information Technology (IT) is crucial to ensure data is easily accessible (automation) and tools and systems are reliable; creating an efficient and user-friendly experience. Lead is responsible for overall delivery of processes related to global integration standards and solutions and for providing maintenance, support and enhancement of existing integration solutions.
- Define and deploy the program’s strategy and vision, focused on providing data driven solutions and analysis for both internal and external customers; leveraging automation to measure, report and analyze data in order to continuously improve performance.
- Responsible for overall delivery of processes related to global data integration standards and solutions, including, but not limited to the Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) of disparate data and operational process data via Message-Oriented Middleware tools. In addition, responsible for providing maintenance, support, and enhancement of existing integration solutions, as well as assisting in the ongoing development of technical best practices for data movement, quality, cleansing and other data related activities.
- Define and drive external customer data solution needs; collaborating with Program Management, MSAT and other functions to define requirements, engage in agreements and provide a high level of customer service while creating value for Lonza
- Collaborate with global IT and computer systems validation on enterprise architecture standards, policies and procedures for the organization, structure, attributes and nomenclature of data elements, and apply accepted data content standards to projects. Promote a quality oriented mindset, as it relates to data usage, reporting and analysis.
- Partner with Operational Excellence and area leaders to identify key metrics and content needed to continually measure and monitor functional/business performance. Ensure the data collection process is efficient and user-friendly. Work with local/global counterparts and users to ensure alignment of data usage across the site and network.
- Coach and develop team, and other across the site, in engaging in a data driven decision making and continuous improvement mindset. Including, but not limited to; providing subject matter expertise, assisting in removing internal and external roadblocks and managing project portfolio.
- Required Bachelor's Degree in IT, Systems Engineering, Math or Business. (Master's Degree preferred).
- Preferred Certified Business Analysis Professional
- Experience in biologics or pharmaceutical GMP environment desired.
- Working knowledge of, and experience with, Service Oriented Architectural (SOA) based solutions functioning within a 24/7/365 model.
- Well versed in the architectural and modeling principles that support data integration and management.
- Substantial experience with database and data integration development, including working with data integration MOM technologies such as Informatica, Adeptia, and Information Builders, in conjunction with Web Services, SOAP, REST technology stacks and both XML and large relational data sets.
- Experience and working knowledge of Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Self-Service Analytics and Data Warehousing processes, methods and tools.
- Experience with data governance, data ownership, risk and compliance programs and techniques.
- Working knowledge of project management and process improvement tools (i.e. Lean Six Sigma Techniques).
- Familiar with predictive analytics and statistical process control.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.