Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) combines technological innovation with world class manufacturing and process excellence. Together, these enable our customers to deliver their discoveries in key areas:
Microbial Control Solutions serves consumer and technical markets by safeguarding resources and peoples’ wellbeing. We are a trusted and innovative supplier of microbial control solutions and chemical technologies used in a wide range of industrial and consumer solutions. Our vast product portfolio of microbial control and chemical technologies offer quality products backed by technical and regulatory expertise, meeting our customers’ current and future needs.
Specialty Chemical Services provides solutions for composite materials and processing additives for technically demanding industries, such as electronics, transportation and aerospace. We also provide performance intermediates & chemicals for many industrial applications, such as agro intermediates, food & feed ingredients, cosmetics, non-current good manufacturing practices (non-cGMP) intermediates, and custom development & manufacturing.
Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) is looking for a Material Handler to support our Conley, GA location.
- Monitors and reviews information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems. Patrol work areas to detect leaks or equipment malfunctions or to monitor operating conditions. Monitor gauges, recording instruments, flowmeters, or products to ensure specified conditions are maintained.
- Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes. Adjust controls to regulate temperature, pressure, feed, or flow of liquids or gases, according to knowledge of equipment and processes. Observe safety precautions and display leadership by taking responsibility for his/her safety and that of others.
- Analyzes information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems. Use knowledge of working area to make accurate and timely decisions. Agile and supportive of a culture of process improvement and problem solving. Demonstrate an openness to trying new approaches.
- Observes, receives, and obtains information from all relevant sources. Enters material into SAP from shipments received or material processed for use in the Arsenic Plant. Record operational data, such as temperatures, pressures, ingredients used, processing times, or test results. Obtains samples of product for analysis by QC laboratory for testing
- Inspects equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects. Drive results by demonstrating persistence and motivation to overcome obstacles and challenges
- Provides information to supervisors and coworkers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person. Maintain customer focus and understands what internal and/or external customers need. Collaborate and generously share information and knowledge with others. Perform other duties as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Prior experience in an Industrial Operations Environment or Naval Engineering
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Controlling operations of equipment or systems; ability to safely operate industrial forklift to load and unload raw materials and other equipment
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.