Quality Control Technician
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is searching for a Quality Control (QC) Lab Technician to join our QC team. As our QC Lab Technician, you will act as a team member of the Quality Control department to support production of in-process and final product drug lots for customers. You will apply your job skills and company's policies and procedures to complete a variety of tasks, work on assignments that are routine in nature where your ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required, and work on problems of moderate scope in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
*This position is a 1st shift position working 4 days 10 hours. Wednesday through Saturday or Sunday through Wednesday shift.
- Reagent preparation for In process/ demand testing and lot release for multiple high priority projects with a strict deadline.
- pH and conductivity testing of environment monitoring samples.
- Additional lab activities include help with general housekeeping such as glassware washing, reagent prep, ordering chemicals and lab consumables, etc.
- High School Diploma or Associates Degree. Associates Degree preferred with area of study in Microbiology, Biochemistry or Related Science Fields.
- Must have basic lab skills.
- Working knowledge of Agilent and/or Waters HPLC instrumentation, UNIS, pH, Conductivity, and Osmoloarity preferred.
- Previous experience using Laboratory Systems, Document Management Systems and GMP Quality Systems preferred (ex. LIMS and Empower) preferred.
- Working experience within cGMP industry preferred.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.