Senior Solution Architect Network
Senior Solution Architect Network
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Solution Architect is responsible for planning and designing the technology solutions and mapping the business requirements to systems/technical requirements to ensure they are in line with the enterprise architectural plan. To globally design and implement Networks. Efficient operation of the LAN, WAN and other Network infrastructure like Firewall and Voice Services. To ensure high availability and compliance of the IT-Infrastructure. Interact with external outsourcing providers.
- Review, interpret and respond to detailed business requirements specifications to ensure alignment between customer expectations and current or future ICT capability.
- Operation of the above environment and ensure high availability.
- Accountability for delivery of Project work according to the overall standards and concepts.
- Technology scouting and run proof of concepts / Propose new solutions, liaise with vendors and define global IT infrastructure standards in storage, backup and laboratory software.
- Resolution of critical incidents and problems.
- Ensure Disaster/Recovery and maintain security of systems and unauthorized access to systems.
- Ensure that systems are implemented and documented in compliance with Lonza’s standards.
- Ensure documentation and compliance of corresponding IT-Infrastructure.
- University Bachelor degree or equivalent knowledge through experience in Information Technology.
- 10 + years of experience in Network.
- Advanced English Level.
- Required - Professional network management certifications, such as a Cisco CCNP – CISCO.
- Preferred - Security and Firewall certifications – Checkpoint.
- Network and Firewall architect with professional network management certifications, such as a Cisco CCNP and Security and Firewall certifications.
- Experience in designing and building platforms in the network area, mainly in the Cisco area.
- Experience in designing and building platforms in the security area, mainly in the Checkpoint area.
- Good expertise in the security area such as zone concept and design authority.
- The position requires a person with Conflict ability, quick analytical skills, technical understanding and networked thinking, solution-oriented/ready for realization and to integrate into a growing team.
- Teamwork skills: The cloud architect works with a team of IT professionals in executing his/her duties, so it is essential that they can work closely with clients and internal teams to organize activities and drive technical development projects.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.