Operational Excellence Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Guangzhou Nansha Ltd was established in April 2003, expanding Lonza’s global presence for chemical manufacturing and life science ingredients.
As Operational Excellence Manager, you will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. You will also serve as a consultant to management on continuous improvement-related topics, to the delivery and or support to complex projects within the designated business area/site as required. As a mentor to GB professionals on organizational improvement projects, you will lead and coach a cross-functional team comprising of GB and YB professionals in six sigma projects.
- Understand and facilitate the mapping processes, consider these in context of lean and six sigma, enable the team to deliver effective solutions’
- Mentor, coach or train team members including green belts in Lean / Lean Six Sigma methodologies
- Lead and facilitate improvement/problem solving workshops
- Work with the team to uncover and assess lean opportunities; helping to prioritise those projects with greatest benefit and support delivery with well executed sustainable steps
- Lead specific projects and apply lean six sigma tools to improve processes
- Work with department to identify and implement key metrics at appropriate levels of the business.
- Input into strategy to align & prioritise lean/CI initiatives & project objectives for the business area ensuring there is no overlap or conflict of local improvements with wider transformational objectives
- Oversee the co-ordination of projects within the department & adopt a PMO approach to management & delivery to ensure sustainability in the long term
- Work with functional leaders to establish continuous improvement goals & act as a liaison with finance to build improvement budgets & validate actual improvement ROI results
- Effect change by influencing operational teams to adopt lean concepts such as 6S, A3, PDCA, standard work, DMAIC, problem solving, visual management & the creation of lean flow in their daily work
- Bachelor degree or above, major in Science / Engineering with Black Belt Certified
- Extensive Lean/6 sigma experiences in well-organized business platform, industry knowhow of Pharmaceutical or Chemical business is highly preferred.
- Proactive, result-oriented with strong influencing skill
- Strong multi-task management & independency ability.
- Good communication skills and self-motivated.
- Business fluent in English is required.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.