HVAC Maintenance Supervisor
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Utilizing a comprehensive knowledge of the facility and systems, the HVAC Supervisor is responsible for the 24/7/365 operation of the facilities and systems which support the Portsmouth manufacturing facility, authors and owns Standard Operating Procedures and is a high level technical resource for ongoing operations as well as providing support to capital improvement projects. The Supervisor ensures that adequate staffing levels of trained technicians are available to support operations at all times, provides staff development and communicates in a clear, concise manner with personnel at all levels within the organization and with external contacts. A strong working knowledge of cGMP quality systems is required and the Supervisor will routinely utilize the electronic Trackwise QMS to initiate, investigate and resolve deviations, CAPA’s, Change Controls and investigation records and will actively participate in customer and Regulatory inspections. The Supervisor reviews and approves timecards and purchase requisitions and will provide feedback and development to their staff, develop goals for the year and deliver performance reviews.
- Author and own all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for ongoing operations and providing support to capital improvement projects.
- Ensures adequate staffing levels of trained technicians are available to support operations at all times.
- Provides staff development and communications in a consistent manner with personnel at all levels within the organization and with external contractors.
- Associates degree in Technical field, HVAC or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Biotech/Pharmaceutical, or regulated GMP environment preferred.
- Prior leadership experience required.
- Prior experience in an HVAC technician or Engineering role highly desired.
- Excellent decision making skills, ability work work independently and with teams.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.