Maintenance and Operations Supervisor
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Utilizing a comprehensive knowledge of the facility and systems, the Supervisor is responsible for the 24/7/365 operation of the facilities and systems which support the Portsmouth manufacturing facility, authors and owns Standard Operating Procedures and is a high level technical resource for ongoing operations as well as providing support to capital improvement projects. The Supervisor ensures that adequate staffing levels of trained technicians are available to support operations at all times, provides staff development and communicates in a clear, concise manner with personnel at all levels within the organization and with external contacts. A strong working knowledge of cGMP quality systems is required and the Supervisor will routinely utilize the electronic Trackwise QMS to initiate, investigate and resolve deviations, CAPA’s, Change Controls and investigation records and will actively participate in customer and Regulatory inspections. The Supervisor reviews and approves timecards and purchase requisitions and will provide feedback and development to their staff, develop goals for the year and deliver performance reviews.
- Oversee the day to day operation of the plant and systems
- Perform required administrative tasks such as processing leave requests and purchase requisitions, developing and maintaining department metrics, attending Daily Management System meetings
- Execute work in Quality systems (Trackwise, Documentum, etc.)
- Plan and coordinate routine and shutdown work with the maintenance planning group.
- Support inspection/audit activities by providing tours, responding to audit requests and/or observations.
- Develop and train staff.
- Support capital or improvement projects
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Vocational/trade training, education, certifications in engineering or similar preferred.
- Working experience in a biotechnology or similar GMP regulated environment required.
- Prior supervisory experience desired.
- Familiar with industrial maintenance planning/scheduling.
- Hands on experience in industrial maintenance preferred.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.