Senior Analytical Chemistry Specialist
At Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI), we combine technological innovation with world-class manufacturing and regulatory excellence. We are a leader in Microbial Control Solutions and chemical technologies used in various applications including hygiene and home care. Today, these solutions are more critical than ever to maintain the hygiene and safety of hospitals, homes, schools, and offices across the world. Our Speciality Chemical Services business provides composite materials for technically demanding industries and performance intermediates & chemicals. Our Custom development and manufacturing team has already brought more than 1,000 unique solutions to life for their customers.
We are a highly dynamic group of 3,000 employees in more than 25 countries around the world. For us, performance, collaboration, passion and care are fundamentals. Are YOU someone who CARES about finding unique solutions for customers, who is PASSIONATE about making a difference? We are looking for talent who embrace COLLABORATION and are motivated by a PERFORMANCE culture.
LSI is looking for a Senior Analytical Chemistry Specialist to join our Technical Regulatory Team supporting our Microbial Control Solutions (MCS) business located Blackley.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing full analytical support and guidance for our BPR Active Substance (AS) programme and some analytical support for the Product Authorisation (PA) programme in the EU. You will define and manage the required analytical studies (development and validation) across the full AS, and where appropriate, PA programmes, in relation to our MCS business. This includes all Product Types (PTs) covering Hygiene, Preservation, Wood, Materials Protection and Paints and Coatings to support our registration programme.
- Definition and management of analytical chemistry studies required for Active Substance registrations utilising both internal and external resources
- Advise other Technical Regulatory team members and provide analytical support for Product Authorisations where needed
- Maintain up to date knowledge of technical data requirements from ECHA and actively partake in Industry Working Groups (European Bodies)
- Develop analytical expertise through a network with both internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with the Technical Regulatory Manager and Regulatory Group to define and agree project objectives and timelines to meet business needs, then drive and manage those timelines delivering results as appropriate
- Support Technical Regulatory Team with generation of other Physico – Chemical endpoint and stability data when required
- Establish a network of technical contacts within the Lonza Global R&D Group
- You will have established and demonstrable experience of analytical chemistry using different techniques such as HPLC / GC / LCMS / NMR, using this to advise and provide guidance and understanding of these methods in an R&D / regulatory capacity
- You will have the ability to work autonomously, defining, leading and owning programmes, working cross-functionally to establish deliverables, timelines and meet the appropriate quality standards in line with business needs
- Your key stakeholder management experience will allow you to quickly and successfully establish and maintain healthy, collaborative relationships with both internal customers and external suppliers
- Your regulatory experience will link into our industry providing you with full understanding of BPR and allow you to handle and compile data sets readily
- Ideally you should have a BSc or PhD in Analytical chemistry and your experience will have been gained in the speciality chemicals arena
A major part of the heritage of LSI is being able to deliver unique solutions to our customers. Being the driving force behind this approach – listening, asking, understanding to match the right elements in a new way has been an inherent part of our day-to-day business. Always with the goal to enable a competitive advantage for each customer with a specific product, package or solution. What makes YOU different?
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.