Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Singapore is currently looking to hire a number of Process Equipment Maintenance Technicians. Reporting to Maintenance Manager, you will be performing repair and maintenance associate with manufacturing environment and troubleshoot problems in production equipment. You provide emergency as well as unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment, assist engineers to improve equipment uptime and reliability.
- Responsible for routine and preventative maintenance of manufacturing equipment/ systems
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and assure availability of process equipment for manufacturing operations.
- Promptly inform supervisor of any incidents or events, irrespective of the nature and severity
- Work with contractors and vendors to ensure equipment is maintained in full operational status or during equipment breakdown.
- Handle equipment installation works for new projects and addition/alteration works within project schedule including quality check, site supervision and update of related documents.
- Provide technical support to Root cause analysis and deviation investigation.
- Performs all work safely in compliance with Lonza in-house rules & regulations and mandatory Safety WSH Acts requirements. (e.g Permit to Work, Lock-Out-Tag-Out, etc)
- Ability to use INTELEX system for Safety incident reporting
- Ability to operate Document Management System to search and retrieve current SOP.
- Understanding of general waste management, Pest Control process and MRO storage process.
- Responsible for ensuring all GMP documentation related to maintenance activities is completed accurately and processed to full completion.
- Perform shift or be available on-call when required & to support ongoing operations.
- Responsible for maintaining defined training requirements as related to all aspects of job.
- Respond to maintenance calls/ service breakdown calls in a timely manner
- Flag to attention to the Lead/ Supervisor when encounter non-compliance issues including work delay, breakdown, missing parts & etc.
- Ensuring regulatory/ customer inspection readiness
- Recommendations of effective and efficient facilities maintenance activities
- Understand and support customers/ internal & regulatory inspection
- A Diploma or a relevant Trade certificate with some years of relevant work experience.
- Hands-on experience in maintenance of rotating equipment like pumps, mechanical seals, agitators and static equipment like heat exchangers is required.
- Troubleshooting skills on technical issues
- Experience in a GMP and SOP driven environment in a pharma/biotech industry is a plus.
- Ability to read PID drawing, equipment drawing and identifying of components is beneficial.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.