Materials Planner (Procurement)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for a Materials Planner with procurement experience to join our growing team in Livingston.
As a materials planner you will support the MRP Manager in management of the site Materials Requirements Plan (MRP) to ensure the timely availability of materials to support the site Supply Plan (development and manufacturing activities). Responsible to liaise with all relevant functions to ensure timely updates to material plans accounting for changes or material availability issues. Execution of key tasks to support inventory plans and related key performance indictors (KPIs).
- Conversion of the MRP (purchase requisitions) into Purchase Orders
- Liaison with Supply Planner and key stakeholders (PM, QC, Scheduler) to ensure all material plans are up to date and responsive to changes in material requirements
- Liaise with key stakeholders (Supply Planner, Scheduler and Project Managers) to develop safety stock and inventory plans to meet production plan
- Responsible for management of Material Master Data within SAP
- Creation and maintenance of detailed material planning parameters in Planning systems in accordance with the Site Manufacturing Plan
- Management of GMP Material Stock including (re)-ordering
- Responsible for Mat2Mat of GMP Material
- Liaise with supplier on lead times and availability to meet our requirements
- Assist with stock queries on GMP material from other business functions (Finance, QC, Warehouse)
- Degree educated - Supply Chain Management or Business Management
- Experience and knowledge of both Operational Procurement and Purchasing of Direct (Raw Materials) (e.g. Purchase Requisition to Purchase Order Process)
- Conducting competitive bid processes
- Experience of managing suppliers and carrying out low value negotiations
- Able to persuade and influence suppliers to achieve best outcome for Lonza
- Hands on experience of using SAP ERP in a purchasing/procurement role
- Good communication and presentation skills including the ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Competent using MS Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to utilise Business Intelligence systems to extract data and generate reports
- Ideally APICS or equivalent MRP Planner certificate
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.