Senior Scientist, Analytical Development
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opening for a Senior Scientist on the Analytical Development team.
A successful Scientist must be sound in fundamental scientific knowledge and methods, proficiently execute a wide range of techniques and processes with little supervision, demonstrate effective technical writing, and be a leader and mentor in the laboratory environment.
- Assist in streamlining of method validation processes
- Document all experiments and results thoroughly with detailed observations
- Exercise technical discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies and goals
- Demonstrate a high level of professional expertise in one or more technical areas, preparing technical reports, summaries and protocols
- Prepare detailed scientific presentations for clients, colleagues and management, participate in client discussions
- Act as mentor/coach for more junior Chemists in method development and regulatory compliance
- B.S./M.S. with experience relating to pharmaceutical formulation development and analytical chemistry
- Experience with analyzing, and interpreting common analytical data used for amorphous pharmaceutical applications such as dissolution, GC, XRPD, HPLC, KF and particle sizing
- Experience in method development, qualification and validation around common pharmaceutical analytical techniques
- Knowledge of CMC and regulatory experience with advancing drug product formulations through later stage clinical trials encouraged
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a highly collaborative, team oriented, customer focused environment
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary, research and manufacturing environment
- Promote safety and demand high quality standards for work being performed
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.