Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The QC Lab Assistant is responsible for execution of daily activities and control activities within the Quality Control Department while ensuring compliance with all existing GMP and safety standards in the area of responsibility.
The QC Lab assistant support the QC Operators by assuring the availability of the materials, samples and qualified small devices for testing purposes.
- Monitor stock levels inclusive of forms within QC laboratory.
- To perform preparation or liquidation of buffers in a timely manner in accordance to the QC Cell Therapy week plan & or manufacturing schedule
- To receive, store and complete appropriate paperwork for samples submitted to the QC laboratories for testing
- Perform routine housekeeping activities
- To assist in the preparation of pipettes for servicing
- To perform shipments of manufacturing samples to QC building for testing and storage
- To maintain an inventory of samples and disposal as required
- To perform supply of materials to the QC laboratory
- To arrange shipments of testing or patient material
- To perform routine maintenance and calibration checks on designated instruments after proper training
- Any other duties as assigned by your Supervisor/Manager
- Basic laboratory experience and willing to work in a pharmaceutical environment
- Experience with GMP and basic microbiological techniques is an advantage
- Good communication skills in English
- Accuracy, tidiness, self-organized, flexible, attention to detail, team player
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.