R&D Senior Scientist (NPI & MSAT)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced R&D Senior Scientist (MSAT & NPI) join our site in Monteggio, Switzerland.
The R&D Senior Scientist will lead development projects elaborating customer requests and proposing a suitable scientific plan to accomplish the agreed deliverables. Supervise project execution justifying the obtained results. Support troubleshooting as MSAT and manage tech transfer activities.
- Excellent knowhow of the scientific field and related analytical techniques to solve scientific problems.
- Collects, summarizes, analyses data to prepare reports and makes presentations, as appropriate, to disseminate best practice throughout the function.
- Anticipation, evaluation and implementation of trends and innovations in the area of expertise.
- Write and review study reports in relation to multiple studies, protocols, SOPs and policies.
- Identifies atypical results. Leads investigations, review, and approve results of other team members.
- Support the root cause analysis and review the deviation reports.
- Contribute to the development, implementation of procedures and processes.
- Supervises lab professionals.
- Mentors junior team members.
- Involved in project management in his area.
- Developing ability to input into proposals for new business.
- Attends customer meetings and develops customer relationship.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What we need you to have:
- Ideally a M.Sc. Degree in Pharmacy/Industrial Pharmacy or Chemistry/Chemical Engineering with hands on Pharmaceutical Industry experience.
- Advanced Scientific Expertise, Particle engineering and related analytical methods
- Customer oriented communication skills.
- Basic project management skills.
- Basic knowledge of GMP and other regulatory aspects.
- Adequate application of statistics tools including DoE methodology.
- Experience in preparing proposals and financial evaluations.
- Fluent in Italian and English
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.