Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The role of the Maintenance Scheduler is to lead efforts within the Maintenance Planning Group to take prepared maintenance plans and bring together all the resources needed to execute them. They will also lead the efforts in the preparation of new equipment maintenance plans and develop Scheduler Level 1 staff within the Maintenance Department. The Scheduler assembles and coordinates the required maintenance task information, people, materials, and equipment, with all the other necessary resources to get the job done on time and within the scheduled commitment window. This role is the key point of contact for all maintenance scheduling information specific to the asset area under his/her plant asset area of responsibility (ACO).
- Leads teams for the detailed scheduling of multiple maintenance work centers and production areas
- Develop detailed maintenance process modeling work through various scheduling systems, ASPEN, KEENE, SAP, Orchestrate, BEAMEX
- Leads strategeic initiatives for the various site maintenance execution teams by working closely with the Production Schedulers and Area/Equipment Owners
- Engages as a key resource in daily asset area resource planning meetings
- Provides regular updates and status reports for maintenance schedule adherence within area of responsibility
- Perform duties in a regulated cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices) business environment utilizing a structured computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferred area of study in Business or Technical Discipline.
- Experience as a maintenance technician in a manufacturing environment (mechanical, HVAC or electrical) preferred.
- Significant experience planning and/or scheduling maintenance or manufacturing operations in a cGMP or Biotech industry.
- Ability to work in partnership as an active member of functional team and cross functional teams.
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Suite, CMMS systems, scheduling software. SAP experience highly desired.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.