Head of CGT Operations, Portsmouth
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Head of Cell Gene Therapy Operations is responsible for directing the production of therapeutic cell therapy drug products under Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) conditions overseeing a Site within a Site area; managing safety, quality, compliance and efficient, product delivery and financial execution. Serving as an integral member of the Site Leadership Team (SLT) the incumbent will be responsible for leading the execution of the management team, business partners and functional management teams. This role will be responsible for partnering with customers for delivering a safe and compliant operation both internally and externally. A big key will be to operate in a cross functional manner for the overall success of the facility, customers, and business as a whole.
- Lead a dedicated management team with full accountability for asset profitability and success.
- Single point of accountability with authority to execute activities and manage resources necessary for production plan achievement.
- Direct responsibility for the operations team and leading via a matrixed organization for functions providing support to execution including Project Management, (PM), Quality (QA/ QC), Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT), Supply Chain Management (SCM)/ Logistics and Technical Training
- Participate in site strategy decisions as a part of the site leadership team for Portsmouth. As a member of the site leadership team, lead cross-functionally with management, support departments, and customers to achieve site vision and strategy.
- Driving continuous improvement activities, strategy development and delivery, as well as supporting organizational development and cultural leadership.
- Ensure that the manufacturing facility is in a continuous state of readiness for production and GMP audits.
- Supervise, train and mentor the manufacturing management team. Create a high-performance team that emphasizes strengths-based execution, accountability, open communication, people development and continuous improvement. Focus on people development, identification and development of successors and High Potentials.
- Capable of clearly assigning objectives, setting, measuring and monitoring progress, marshaling resources and handling competing priorities.
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Life Sciences Degree. A Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Experience with 6S and Lean Manufacturing, Lean Six Sigma green belt or black belt is a plus.
- Extensive experience in implementing continuous improvement initiatives in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience in Cell Gene Therapy or Biologics is strongly desired.
- The ability to translate corporate strategy into critical success factors and creates breakthrough implementation plans.
- Communicates business strategy, measures and tactical plans effectively to all stakeholders and helps them make sense of complexity and uncertainty.
- Acts as a change leader by visibly demonstrating public commitment to change, and aligning and helping others embrace change
- Foster diverse teams to enhance Lonza’s global competitiveness and fuel innovation.
- Defines and introduces systematic approaches to track customer key metrics and ensures implementation within his/her business area(s).
- Drives a systematic approach to planning and delivery based on short-medium-long-term time horizons
- Demonstrates high integrity and accountability for his/her area ensuring team(s) actions and decisions are aligned to business objectives.
- Provides opportunities for talent and performance development through specific and measurable actions, coaching and mentoring.
- Deliver projects within budget and on time, accurately define and realize benefits, effectively manage resources
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.