Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced scientist with passion for science and good attention to details to contribute to the development of lifesaving medicines by supporting the flawless execution of scientific projects.
This is a lab based position which involves all of the molecular biology and protein expression techniques required for vector construction and the expression and purification of biotherapeutic recombinant proteins using mammalian expression systems. As part of your role, good record keeping, understanding of regulatory requirements and skilled presentation of data will be essential. The role will involve the execution of multiple client projects and documentation of work to regulatory required standards
- Perform Vector Constructions, express and purify encoded proteins according to strict SOPs.
- Prepare high quality reports, suitable for use in regulatory filing applications.
- Use existing Lonza mammalian expression platform to express, purify and analyse recombinant proteins.
- BSc in relevant scientific discipline (Biological Sciences) or relevant industrial experience
- Good understanding of molecular biology, mammalian cell culture and protein expression, and protein purification knowledge
- Experience or strong knowledge of molecular biology techniques required for vector construction
- Experience or strong knowledge of protein expression, purification and characterisation using standard techniques
- Cell culture experience with good aseptic technique
- Able to work independently to an established plan, prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with good communication skills and good attention to details
- A team player able to share knowledge with others and actively participate and lead scientific discussions
- Self-motivated, proactive nature and a desire to learn
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.