Digital HR Reporting & Insights Lead
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Digital HR Reporting & Insights Lead is a customer-facing role within the Digital HR team at Lonza. This position is responsible for contributing to the development of data-driven thought leadership for HR with supporting analytics and research, delivered in a compelling way for multiple client audiences. This person also consults directly with colleagues to uncover and understand the correlations between employee, recognition and performance data, and results with other business goals including retention, engagement, talent, quality, productivity and more.
The Digital HR Reporting & Insights Lead responsibilities include leading an analytics team to create proactive original research and analysis on the latest human resource topics, as well as leading people analytics consulting engagements with senior HR leaders within Lonza. This leader is also responsible for uncovering insightful trends and packaging those elements into compelling resources for clients such as business cases, workshops, training and educational content.
This role works closely in partnership with HR Business Partners, CoEs, Global Process Owners and Finance teams providing consultation to drive thought leadership in support of our mission to move our HR Function to the next level.
- Enhance and execute Lonza´s HR analytics, reporting and insights roadmap
- Provide aggregated HR KPIs and insights to senior management
- Contribute HR content to Lonza's company reporting
- Define and advance reporting landscape around Lonza’s Workday analytics and reporting strategy
- Create new ways of presenting HR data within the HR community and wider Lonza organization
- Training of stakeholders in using available data, dashboards and reports to "democratize" HR data and insights
- Continually develop new models and methods for evaluating existing data or correlating new data to existing materials. Be the “go-to” source internally for positioning, advanced HR data analysis, and messaging/new thinking driven from that analysis
- Proactively plan for development of new methodologies for how Lonza HR measures success, through appropriate research partnerships
- Bring credibility to HR through Organizational Development background, models, and rigorous application of data science principles
- Conduct/participate in proactive research through the creation of survey instruments, analysis of results and correlation with other industry findings and client benchmarking to draw relevant insights
- Conduct reactive research by monitor relevant industry analysts, bloggers, reporters and other third-party outlets for industry news, trends, research and affiliated information
- Engage with internal customers in a consultative capacity to uncover and understand the impact of HR data on achievement of key business goals including, but not limited to, engagement, retention, performance, productivity, quality and safety
- Benchmark customer experiences against best practices to drive understanding of success drivers through recognition
- Collaborate with team members and others within Lonza to ensure latest and most relevant industry findings and customer results are presented in an educational, and appealing way
- Work in partnership and develop strong partnerships with internal IT and Finance cross-functional teams
- Other related duties and projects as assigned
- Expertise in Workday reporting, analytics and Prism functionality
- Workday Pro reporting accreditation desired
- Strong leadership and stakeholder abilities to engage effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to bring strong personal impact with a global and solution-oriented mindset
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, high workload environment, and be able to manage multiple projects and objectives
- Demonstrate technical understanding of systems integrations with preference of Workday Prism
- Must have strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Excellent logic and decision-making abilities, critical thinking skills
- Expert level of proficiency with Office 365 suite
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.