Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) is looking for a Production Operator for our Williamsport, PA plant.
Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) combines technological innovation with world class manufacturing and process excellence. Together, these enable our customers to deliver their discoveries in key areas:
Microbial Control Solutions serves consumer and technical markets by safeguarding resources and peoples’ wellbeing. We are a trusted and innovative supplier of microbial control solutions and chemical technologies used in a wide range of industrial and consumer solutions. Our vast product portfolio of microbial control and chemical technologies offer quality products backed by technical and regulatory expertise, meeting our customers’ current and future needs.
Specialty Chemical Services provides solutions for composite materials and processing additives for technically demanding industries, such as electronics, transportation and aerospace. We also provide performance intermediates & chemicals for many industrial applications, such as agro intermediates, food & feed ingredients, cosmetics, non-current good manufacturing practices (non-cGMP) intermediates, and custom development & manufacturing.
Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) is looking for…
- Handle startup and shut down duties pertaining to packaging equipment at the beginning and end of each shift
- Make-certain that each packaging machine is in good repair and works in accordance to regulations set by the company
- Responsible for packaging integrity and quality checks on each packaging order
- Monitor correct product weights and ensure that they are maintained throughout the shift
- Handle / discard waste that packaging machineries edict in a safe manner
- Educate workers on exercising caution to avoid accidents and prevent injuries
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area by ensuring that floors are clean and organized
- Maintain manufacturing batch records
- Load and unload items into packaging machines and remove rejected packages to be isolated as surplus
- Reset machines following malfunctions or need for repeated cycles
- Secure packaged items by gluing, tying, stapling or Stretch Wrapping
- Sort, label, and inspect packaged products
- Stack packaged items in storage areas or on delivery pallets using jack pallets or forklifts
- Maintain daily logs regarding packaged products and storage and delivery orders
- Must be capable of Operating a Forklift
- Must be competent with Computers
- Must be capable of wearing a respirator and being a member of the Site Emergency Response Team
A major part of the heritage of LSI is being able to deliver unique solutions to its customers. Being the driving force behind this approach – listening, asking, understanding to match the right elements in a new way has been an inherent part of our day-to-day business. Always with the goal to enable a competitive advantage for each customer with a specific product, package or solution. What makes YOU different?
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.