Research Associate, Cell Culture Media (Rockville, MD)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Bioscience is actively seeking a Research Associate, Cell Culture Media in Rockville, MD (Shady Grove). The Research Associate, Cell Culture Media will be execute cell and media development projects for new primary cell media product development. As well as perform routine and novel tests for assessment of product performance; and analyze data and present reports.
- Perform routine cell staining for flow cytometric analysis. Perform routine cell culture assays.
- Perform cell proliferation assays to measure the health and viability of cell cultures and the influence of media components.
- Analyze data from cell proliferation assays to interpret results and evaluate next steps in experimental designs.
- Prepare media from raw materials including converting recipes from molarity to g/L, weighing and mixing components, performing pH and osmolality adjustments, filtering and filling bottles.
- Write reports detailing findings from executed experiments.
- Maintain stock of lab supplies and reagents.
- Maintain lab equipment and cleanliness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or related discipline plus significant related laboratory experience. Years of experience may substitute for education in some instances.
- Knowledge of biology, chemistry, gel electrophoresis, western blot, flow cytometry, scale down bioreactor (AMBR) experience. Some statistical analysis, technical writing, laboratory equipment, aseptic technique.
- Computer literate including, but not limited to: MS Office
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.