Senior QC associate (EM)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Manufacturing areas, incoming materials and utility supplies and products are all released and approved for use based on QC test results as generated by the Senior QC Associate.
Responsible for planning and execution of daily quality assays and control activities while ensuring compliance with all existing GMP and safety standards in the area of responsibility.
Activities of Sr. QC Associate can differ per dedicated departmental responsibility whether the scope is Cell therapy, Environmental Monitoring/Microbiology or Raw Materials.
- Plan and execute quality tests and control activities (e.g. QC and release incoming goods, QC of IPC and final product, QC sample and results management) including documentation.
- Assess quality events and propose improvements towards Supervisor
- Write and review documentation (SOP’s, Quality Instructions, protocols) related to quality control activities.
- Contact person for specific projects/ tasks/ non-routine activities/ deviations. Can support complex issue's and has technical writing skills
- Takes the lead in troubleshooting of test methods, devices.
- Contribute to Quality Councils, Environmental Monitoring excursion reports or investigations.
- Suggest training activities and process improvements.
- Involved in planning activities in cooperation with the Supervisor Quality Control.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to Quality Control Associates.
- Provides substantive support for the development of training material
- Contribute cross-departmental initiatives.
- After supervisor approval, coordinate changes and improvement initiatives within the department.
- Trace, identify risks and opportunities
- Back up for QC Supervisor.
- This position requires experience in analytical laboratory techniques in a microbiological and/or biotechnological environment.
- The position requires a very precise and responsible working attitude.
- Intermediate or higher vocational education in chemistry/biotechnology.
- Extensive experience with GMP and good knowledge of incoming materials, EM, microbiological (gram stain, sterility) or analytical (RT-qPCR, FACS, ELISA) techniques depending on the area of interest.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Accuracy, tidiness, self-organized, flexible, attention to detail.
- Team player.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.