Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Scientist to compliment the R&D team here in Slough on a 12 month fixed term basis. We are seeking candidates with a variety of skills and experience to work on projects that seek to improve in chromatography, electrophoresis and/or Mass Spec techniques. The Senior Scientist will be responsible for the execution of experiments, analysis of scientific data and reporting results to senior management in an energetic and collaborative environment.
We are looking for someone to contribute to the overall success of the Analytical R&D Team through the planning and execution of experiments to support the development and optimization of new analytical methods.
- Oversight and execution of research and innovation projects
- Lab maintenance / Stock taking / Ordering
- Planning experiments / Work and writing electronic lab notebook
- Execution of experiments, analysis of scientific data and reporting results to senior management in an energetic and collaborative environment.
- Planning of experiments to support the development and optimization of new analytical methods.
- Degree in Life Sciences / Science or equivalent in areas such Biochemistry / Biology / Biomanufacturing
- Practical industry and/or academic experience in an analytical laboratory
- Detailed knowledge and practical expertise in chromatography, electrophoresis and/or Mass Spec techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability and desire to learn from experience.
- Treat errors as a learning opportunity.
- Work as an active member of a team.
- High level of empathy and desire to see others succeed.
- Demonstrates persistence and motivation to overcome obstacles and challenges.
- Understanding the impact of your own actions on his/her business area.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.